Review of Presidium School, Sector 57, Sushant Lok II, Gurgaon
Posted March 15, 2010on:
Block G/2, Sushant Lok II,
Sector 57, Gurgaon- 122011, Haryana
Tel : 0124- 4117015, 9313402801
website – http://www.presidiumonline.com
My First Memories
The very first time I heard about Mother’s Pride group of schools was way back in 2003. I was working an intern at The Hindu newspaper and was assigned to cover this school’s annual function. The first question that came to my mind when my editor Mr. Ashok Kalkur told me about it was – How can a paper like The Hindu cover a playschool’s annual function? Well the reason was simple. The Chief Guest of the function was M. Venkaiah Naidu, the well known Indian politician.
Though I wasn’t a mother back then (not even married) but I could make out the school’s policies were more focused on getting media publicity rather than anything else. The function was held in a big auditorium in Delhi (sorry don’t recall the name now) and had huge media presence just because of the politician.
Small children (must be around 2 to 3 years old) were made to dance and recite rhymes with teachers. Good effort but I really wish everything was no so over the top. They were made to wait a long time since the Chief Guest’s visit was delayed by 2 hours. I hope they were well taken care of back stage.
About Presidium Gurgaon
Well I am not going to delve into more details of that function way back in 2003 but tell you about how I found Presidium Gurgaon – the formal school of Mother’s Pride, which is also going to start its first batch of playgroup this year (2010). The child should be 2 plus by March 2010 to be admitted to their playgroup. They have pre-nursery, nursery, kinder garden as well.
The Presidium Gurgaon is till class 8th but plans to be till 12th, by adding successive batches each year. The school follows CBSE pattern and boasts of great infrastructure, provision of extracurricular activities, computer education from pre-nursery onwards, centrally air-conditioned classrooms, taekwondo and much more.
The classrooms for playgroup and nursery are obviously well-done. Smart tables, small chairs, lots of toys, blocks etc etc. However, I did find them to be a bit small in size. My personal opinion.
I believe that if small children are given a lot of room and space (rather than too many tables and chairs and toys) that will be good for them. You yourself are a better judge. If you leave your child in a small for say 1 hour would he/she be happier to just sit there or rather in an open room (like they have in iBambini or iDiscoveri playschools). You know the answer.
Roughly till class 3 – 1 lacs 16 thousand annually
Registration – 25
Admission – 200
Caution Deposit – 500
Annual Charges (payable annually) – 12,000
Development & Others – 10,000
Tuition Fees (4800 per month) – 14,400 (quarterly)
Transport (1500 per month) – 4500 (quarterly)
Book Set – 4500 (not applicable for playgroup)
Hocus Pocus Bronze Album – 10,000
Total – 56, 125
- The kids admitted to Mother’s Pride (the playschool) do NOT automatically get admission in Presidium (the formal school). The branches are Not interlinked. They are competing against each other. So why would most sensible parents want to admit their kids in Mother’s Pride? Wont they just choose Presidium?
- From next session onwards (we were told this by Kamayani, one of the person from Admin) that you MUST get your child admitted this year itself because the school will make it mandatory for every parent to pay TWO LACS ( 2 lakhs) as Donation ( 1 lakh plus fee separate) We must admit now or regret later!! I found this VERY Commercial. Looked like we are at the table striking a business deal rather than admitting our kid to some educational institution!
- Unlike Mothers Pride, which offers Corporate Discounts, there is no such facility in Presidium. They are just “different” :–)
- There was a stark similarity between the reception areas of their next door neighbour “Scottish High International School” and Presidium. Both have a huge entrance, hotel-like lobby with two coffee tables on side and a reception with two ladies! ( talk about competition) The Presidium Gurgaon is not only Scottish’s number one competitor in fee structure ( both have 1 lakh plus fee annually) but also in infrastructure.
- There are several complaints of Mothers Pride in Consumer Complaints India forum, Mouth Shut website and many other blogs ( if you want the link I can forward you, mail me at email@example.com.) My question is..Is it only from parents who cannot afford it and hence vent out or are the parents who have put their children in these schools foolish? I just want to know why there aren’t so many complaints of other playschools as well. The ratio was really less.
- I would like to hear from other parents whose kids have studied in Presidium and they are happy. Tell me something more than celebrating grandparent’s day or baby shows.
This is my bid to find the best playschool, nursery school and formal school in Gurgaon. Let’s see where Presidium will feature.
1. Ashok Vihar :
PS 2, C-3 Block, Ashok Vihar, Phase II, New Delhi. Tel : 011- 4178 1100, 9310981302
2. Dwarka :
Sector – 16B, Dwarka Phase II, HAF Pocket – A, New Delhi. Tel : 011- 32418882, 9311585474, 9312982169
3. Pitampura :
Near Agrasen Bhawan, Behind Rama Market, Pitampura, New Delhi. Tel : 011- 47591101, 9310981306
4. Gurgaon :
Block G/2, Sushant Lok II, Sector 57, Gurgaon- 122011, Haryana Tel : 0124- 4117015, 9313402801
Habitat Centre, Indirapuram Tel: 9311819385, 9310134353